This week was fantastic. I was able to teach a less that I created
with my cooperating teacher. The less went okay. After it was done, we tweaked
it and it can be used multiple times for a different state in the united states
to teach about traveling to different sights. Now it looks better, and I can’t
want to try it next week. This collaborating connects to professional learning
standard 8, collaborative relationships, “This teacher works as a team member
with professional colleagues.”
My coopering teacher gave a lot of freedom this week. She
was present in the room but was giving me the reigns. She would give me vague
directions on what to do next and then make sure that I did it. I think there
is still some growth for me to be made when working with teacher assistants.
I feel very comfortable and confident in my teaching abilities.
I know that everything I teach can tweaked. What I encountered this week is
staff management and trying to figure out how best to do that. This is something
that I feel I need to figure out on my own. I am not sure that I will perfect
in in my placement and I’m not sure I would follow my teachers’ style. But I do
not want to change the way her room is run so I’m just rolling with it.
Next week I hope to improve my planning. I am told that I am
doing great and I am really enjoying my placement. I just need to be better at
following the schedule and planning my lesson accordingly.
It is good to see that you are confident in your skills as a special educator. Continue to look for ways to grow and challenge yourself to try new things and adapt lessons. Classroom management is challenging for many teachers but be willing to discuss this with your cooperating teacher as you may gain insight into how current management choices have been made. Also continue to work with the various other professionals who work with your students. A good working relationship with mutual respect is so beneficial for your students. Be sure to note what standards you are working on or have worked on in your classroom. Everything must come together as one cohesive whole. Looking forward to seeing you in action.
ReplyDeleteDr. Patti Powell
Mr. Fox,
ReplyDeleteI am glad you had the opportunity to teach some lessons and that your CT guided your while do so, this seems to work for you. I would like to read more details that can give us a picture of the what and the how of what you are doing, I typically refer to these as “Teacher moves”. If you explicitly respond the guiding questions in the Blog expectations (found on Moodle) you will get there. It is important that you also include connections of the IPTS in what is taking place in your reflections. If you need to work through this with me please send an email and I can lend additional support.
Have a great week 3!
Dr. Austin