Friday, April 19, 2019

Greg Week 15


This week I had my final observation on Monday. The students had been working with graphing and analyzing the data from a graph to answer questions. I decided that for my observation I would do a math lesson. The plan was to have each student have a small bag of M&Ms and they would predict how many of each color in the pack and then open the pack find out how many of each color and they graph it on a pictograph and a bar graph and then answer questions about the data that was collected using the table and graphs. I would relate this to standard 2,  Content Area and Pedagogical Knowledge. The competent teacher has in-depth understanding of content area knowledge that includes central concepts, methods of inquiry, structures of the disciplines, and content area literacy.  The teacher creates meaningful learning experiences for each student based upon interactions among content area and pedagogical knowledge, and evidence-based practice. I think that this lesson helped to reinforce the concept of reading graphs and making them. I did not a lot of improvement in their ability. The only downfall was I was not able to give each student a small packet of M&Ms due to them being made in a factory that also produces things with peanuts. So, I was the only one allowed to use the M&Ms. That changed my lesson a bit and made it a little less hand on. But overall it went great.

Through student teaching I have built many relationships with my two cooperating teachers and other educators in the school I have worked in. This relates to standard 8,  Collaborative Relationships. The competent teacher builds and maintains collaborative relationships to foster cognitive, linguistic, physical, and social and emotional development.  This teacher works as a team member with professional colleagues, students, parents or guardians, and community members.

Time to finish u the next week and a half of student teaching!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Greg Week 15

This week I had my final observation on Monday. The students had been working with graphing and analyzing...