Sunday, April 7, 2019

Fox Week 13


This week went by super-fast! It was a great week with lots of learning by me and the students.

This week I taught a science lesson. This lesson I thought was pretty cool. It was talking about how each change. The students looked at rocks sand and dirt and made observations and predictions about how wind (blowing) and rain (water bottle) would chance them. I felt like I had a good knowledge of this topic because I used to teach it in outdoor education. Which relates to standard 2, Content Area and Pedagogical Knowledge. The competent teacher has in-depth understanding of content area knowledge that includes central concepts, methods of inquiry, structures of the disciplines, and content area literacy.  The teacher creates meaningful learning experiences for each student based upon interactions among content area and pedagogical knowledge, and evidence-based practice.  Had a god understanding of the topic that I was teaching. This was shown by my ability to effetely teach it in an interesting and interactive way.

Also this week I had a meeting with a representative from the company the wrote the schools reading and writing curriculum. This relates to standard 8, Collaborative Relationships.
The competent teacher builds and maintains collaborative relationships to foster cognitive, linguistic, physical, and social and emotional development.  This teacher works as a team member with professional colleagues, students, parents or guardians, and community members. It was really cool to collaborate with all the teachers and talk about how they use the curriculum and hear from the representative. I took a lot of notes and plan on using some of it in my future classroom.

On to week 14!

1 comment:

  1. I agree collaboration is great and it's good to read how its reach is far and involves many who play a part in the education of the students. It would be great to know what the rep did in this meeting too.
    Dr. Austin

    ReplyDelete

Greg Week 15

This week I had my final observation on Monday. The students had been working with graphing and analyzing...