Wow this was a short crazy week, Monday was a snow day, so
no school Tuesday was regular, Wednesday and Thursday school was closed due to
the cold weather and Friday was a regular day. So, all in all only two days
this week. It was nice to have break and have lots of time planning at home and
catching up on some other work. When there was work at school my cooperating
teacher and I did a lot work collaborating. This relates to standard number 8.
I worked as a team to asses my students to obtain baseline data for my edTPA. These
assessments align to standard 7 on assessment. We collaborated and asses our student
working as a team, this was very meaningful and helped me gain some knowledge on
assessing though prompting and working with others to find the best teaching practice.
The students were thrown off schedule this week as well due
to the weird school week. We have to give extra breaks, moment and sensory.
This helped me as a future teacher to become more aware of the diverse needs of
students in this unique school. This aligns with standard number 3. We used instruction
methods that involved sensory activities, paining for example and allowed extra
wait time and more movement based activates.
Next week I hope to accomplish the plans that I had set this
week for my students. This past week taught me a lot about flexibility. Next
week I will be taking control of the room making sure the schedule is followed
and giving both staff and students directions. Managing staff is still the area
that I am not very certain in only because the staff know the room and students
better than me, I hope to become more competent in this area and look forward
to seeing how it goes for me.
What a crazy week for everyone. As you said, flexibility is key and you experienced that in spades this week. Good work assessing for your EdTPA. I’m glad you had some extra time to work on that this week. I’m pleased that you are focusing on managing staff- such a critical part of student teaching! Continue the good work and let me know if you are available for an observation on Tuesday or Wednesday. See you soon.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteEven in the midst of chaos you had the opportunity to use your time collaborating and planning. Great to see how you were able to connect what did occur with the IPTS. I look forward to reading about the week to come.
ReplyDeleteDr. Austin