Wow this week just flew by! It was a great week. I started
teaching the class for every lesson in the classroom. A student that has not
been at school with us returned this week. I also had my second observation and
I stated recording lots of lessons this week. I really feel like I am getting
the hang of teaching in the classroom. This relates to standard number 2
content area knowledge. I am understanding the content area knowledge of
special education. I have been trained well by my cooperating teacher, the
classes I have taken and my previous work experience. This week I taught one of
my edTPA lessons and even my class is a special education classes every student
needed differentiated instruction. This connects to standard number 3, planning
for differentiated instruction. It took a lot of planning to teach this lesson
lots of little differences for each student.
The students this week had a bit of an adjustment to make.
They had a lot of time off and they welcomed back a student that had not been
in school for a month SO this was like coming back from a long break and took
some adjusting for me as well. This relate to standard number 1 teaching
diverse students. There was a lot of different personalities this week and it
was a bit of an adjustment to get back into the swing after such a crazy week
and have 6 students instead of 5.
This week my cooperating teacher gave me control of the
classroom. She did some prep work for assessments that are coming up. We collaborated
on goals for an upcoming IEP meeting for two of the students. This relates to
standard number 8 collaborate relationships. Even though. Have taken over the
classroom we are still collaborating and working together. What a great week!
This week you have shared some good examples from your week. It would have been good to read more details that tell us what explicited took place in the lesson you taught. I look forward to hearing more.
ReplyDeleteOnward to week 6,
Dr. Austin
You seem to have become much more comfortable in your role as lead teacher in this classroom of diverse learners. Even with experiencing a variety of changes you rolled with the punches and made the necessary changes. Keep learning from Megan as she is a wealth of information for you. See you again in two weeks. Dr. Patti Powell
ReplyDelete